A SILVER LINING FOUNDATION IS THE OFFICIAL CHARITABLE PARTNER OF THE CHICAGO BANDITS
To ensure dignified, respectful and equal access to quality cancer education and services for all by creating meaningful partnerships with community, advocacy and healthcare organizations
- Chicagoland Cancer Information Coalition – provides cancer resource information and treatment options
- Evelyn Goldberg Mammography Center at the University of Illinois Medical Center – provides mammograms, information and resources
- Buy a Mom a Mammogram® – free mammograms for anyone uninsured and underinsured
- Survive to Thrive – free diagnostic testing for breast cancer survivors
- Keep aBreast – an interactive breast cancer awareness presentation designed specifically for young women
To view the variety of different ways that you can get involved and help make a difference through A Silver Lining Foundation, click here.
If you are attending a Chicago Bandits home game, be on the look out for our “Pass the Bucket” promotion. All proceeds will benefit A Silver Lining Foundation.
Additionally, the Bandits and A Silver Lining Foundation will also host one family per home game to watch the action at Parkway Bank Sports Complex. Families affected by cancer will be chosen by the foundation to come out to the game for a fun-filled night.
For more information about A Silver Lining Foundation, visit www.asilverliningfoundation.org or call 312-345-1322
SALUTE, INC. was founded in 2003 by Will and Mary Beth Beiersdorf. Shortly after 9/11, Will Beiersdorf (a Naval reservist), was called to active duty and deployed to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, for 13 months. While Will Beiersdorf was serving in Cuba, Mary Beth Beiersdorf and her children coped with the fear of the unknown as well as the financial and emotional strain caused by the deployment. Family, friends and their extended community stepped in to help the family.
Upon Will Beiersdorf's return, both he and Mary Beth Beiersdorf felt the need to "give back" by helping others who were experiencing similar hardships. After sharing their vision with family and friends, SALUTE, INC. was established. SALUTE, INC. is a recognized 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides financial support for our military men and women and veterans through a variety of fundraising activities.