Meet Your Bandit Academy Instructors
Bandit Academy Pitching Instructor
Holly Scott was brought on as the Director of Operations for the Bandit Academy in February of 2019.
In her 10 years of coaching softball, Scott has cemented herself as one of the top coaches in the Chicagoland area. She has experience in coaching a wide range of players from competitive travel to Division III collegiate softball. Scott is now the pitching coach at North Central College.
Prior to NCC, Scott served as the Assistant Softball Coach at the University of Chicago for two seasons. In 2016, the Maroons went 27-10 and reached the NCAA Regional final. The 27 wins were the second-most in program history.
Scott arrived in Hyde Park from Lakeland College, where she served as Assistant Softball Coach and Assistant Sports Information Director in the 2013-14 academic year. Prior to Lakeland, Scott was a Graduate Assistant Softball Coach at North Central College from 2011-13. The Cardinals reached the NCAA postseason in 2013 while Scott was on staff guiding the pitchers.
As a collegiate athlete, Scott pitched and patrolled the outfield for North Central from 2009-10. She compiled a career pitching record of 27-14 and a career batting average of .331. She was named College Conference of Illinois & Wisconsin (CCIW) Player of the Year in 2009. Scott also earned All-Conference and All-Region honors in her career and led the Cardinals to the NCAA playoffs in 2010.
Scott’s other coaching experiences include Director of Softball for Game Day USA (2017-2019), Head Fastpitch Softball Coach (16U) for the Lemont Sizzlers (2011-13), Softball Training Instructor at GenuWIN Sports Training Academy (2010-11) and Varsity Pitching Coach and Camp Coordinator at Wheaton North High School (2011).
Scott grew up in Oak Park, Illinois and went on to win numerous awards and accolades on and off the softball field, including pitching her OPRF high school team to an IHSA Class 4A State Championship. She earned her bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism and her master's degree in sports leadership from North Central College. She currently resides in Elmhurst, Illinois with her husband, Dan, and two daughters, Lucy and Evelyn.
Collegiate Coaching Accomplishments:
- 3 NCAA Division III Regional Appearances
- 2013, 2016
- Two NCAA Division III Regional Championships
- 15 Players to National Fastpitch Coaches Association (NFCA) All-Region Selections
- 3 players to All-UAA Awards and 12 All-CCIW awards
- 1 College Conference of Illinois Wisconsin (CCIW) Pitcher of the Year
- 1 CCIW Newcomer of the Year award
- 10 different pitchers to a no-hitter and 2 to a perfect game
- 30 NFCA Scholar Athletes
Bandit Academy Instructor
The current Assistant General Manager for the Chicago Bandits, Jourdan Skirha, is a 2017 graduate from Division I Drexel University where she majored in Sport Management. Skirha earned an athletic scholarship to play softball where she played four years as a middle infielder, third baseman and outfielder. In 2017, Skirha was nominated for Drexel University’s Best Athletic Play for her pinch-hit, walk-off grand slam against Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) conference rival, University of Delaware.
Skirha graduated from Oak Forest High School in 2012. Skirha was on the 2009 IHSA 3A State Championship team. Skirha earned all-conference honors as a sophomore, junior, and senior and was named 2nd Team All-State in 2011 and 2012. Skirha has experience in coaching with the 10U and 14U Sparks travel softball organization. Skirha has been professionally instructing defense and offense since she graduated college in 2017. Her specialization is teaching overhand throwing mechanics. Skirha owns two cats, Shinka and Stella, and one dog, named Bandit, that was named the Chicago Bandits official team dog in September 2019.
Bandit Academy Instructor
Current Chicago Bandits starting Second baseman, Abby has been with the Chicago Bandits for 3 years. Abby played softball for the University of Michigan for 4 years has received numerous awards. A Chicago native, Abby went to Trinity High School and was name the 2013 Illinois Gatorade Softball Player of the Year.
Collegiate Highlights and Awards:
- NFCA All-Great Lakes Region first team (shortstop, 2017), second team (shortstop, 2016) and third team (shortstop, 2015)
- Two-time All-Big Ten second team (shortstop, 2015, '17)
- NCAA All-Tournament Team (2015)
- All-Big Ten Defensive Team (second base, 2014)
- Big Ten Freshman of the Week (Feb. 10)
- Academic All-Big Ten (2015, '16, '17)
- U-M Athletic Academic Achievement (2014, '15, '16, '17)
Professional Highlights and Awards:
- Was named to the All-NPF team at Second Base in 2019
- Posted a .352 batting average and .370 slugging percentage with an .417 on-base percentage during the 2019 season with a .989 fielding percentage
- Appeared in 41 games during her rookie season in 2017.
- Batted .243 as a first-year player and contributed 14 RBI.
- Also chipped in three stolen bases throughout the 2017 season.
- Recorded five multi-hit games as a rookie.
- Made her professional debut and went 2-for-3 with one RBI and one run scored June 6, 2017.